3 months on...

Wow, its been 3 months to the day since lobbing in hospital with severe cellulitus and subsequent finding out about my diabetes and high blood pressure.


At the beginning of this year I was approx 150 kgs (330 pounds) give or take a few kilos... never really knew for sure... I decided then it was time to shed some weight.


Landing in hospital in May, I was down to 137.5 kg (300 pounds) but unfortunately I had a raging infection in my leg, blood sugar levels exceeding 15 mmol/l (270 mg/dl) and a blood pressure of 198/116. A few days later after a fasting blood test, blood sugars were taken as 10.6 mmol/l (approx 190 mg/dl) and BP had dropped to about 160/110.


Now 3 months later, I'm weighing at 121.6kg (268 pounds) with still a ways to go... ideally around 90kg (198 pounds) will probably look the best even though that is still considered overweight for my height/age.. so we'll just have to wait n' see.


My average daily blood glucose reading is about 6-ish (approx 100), however the true indicator level is the fasting reading which will happen in a few weeks.


Blood pressure is still a tad high 120/90 but coming down all the time. Its just amazing what positive vibes, best wishes, etc can do for one's healthy outlook.


To this day I'm still "tickled pink" that I had a visit from AUGI's sweetheart, Lynn Allen. That visit boosted my morale so much so its was amazing. So huge thanks to Lynn and all my other friends who came to visit, sent cards, emails who helped with keeping a positive healthy outlook on life...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Australia Party

Free (or Low Cost) Apps for Mac OSX

All time favourite red wine...